Breakthrough Behavior Is Now Acorn Health
All Breakthrough Behavior 2020 summer camp programs will follow our COVID-19 Procedures to ensure the health and safety of our staff and campers. For more information on our COVID-19 practices, click here.
Camp InterACTION! is an intensive social skills acquisition program that utilized principles of applied behavior analysis to teach vital pivot skills that impact many areas of a child's social and emotional functioning.
This program is NOT designed for children who need one-to-one assistance or have significant non- compliant, self-injurious, elopement, or aggressive behavior. Camp InterACTION! is best suited for children who are able to participate in the following:
• Verbal abilities to communicate with others using either vocal speech, picture communication,
electronic communication device, etc.
• Basic social skills (ex: eye contact, requesting, joint attention, listening skills, ability to attend, etc.)
• Willingness to actively participate in the group with others
• Ability to sit for an age-appropriate amount of time without 1:1 assistance or constant prompting
• Toilet trained
• Independent eating skills